walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from me and my first trip to Scotland

Hello from me and my first trip to Scotland

Postby belter » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:08 am

Hi there!

I thought I should introduce myself and tell you a little about my first walking trip to Scotland. The weekend just gone I spent a cracking weekend in Glen Nevis and did three walks, two of which came from this sites excellent routes database, and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

I'm quite an active member on another forum and I've written a trip report and posted a few photo's on there. You can access my trip report XXXX. I hope it's ok to link to the other forum like this, I'm not spamming or trying to promote the other site in any way it just saves me from writing the report out twice. If it's against this forums rules please accept my apologies and delete the link. Sorry - I don't think it is unreasonable that if you want to share a report with readers here you should post it here! :D Ed

I would like to thank the people on here who put together the excellent route descriptions that I used for two of the walks that I did (Ben Nevis via CMD and the Ring of Steall). I had no trouble at all navigating my way around these routes such is the attention to detail and overall high quality of the route descriptions. I shall certainly make full use of other routes in the database on future trips.

Before now my walking has been limited to Snowdonia, the Lake District and the Peak District which, due to me living in Cheshire, are the most accesible places for me to visit for day walks. I will be returning to Glencoe in September on a meet with a different forum that I'm a member of and I'm really looking forward to that. I also plan to do a winter skills course in the Cairngorms this winter. Having fallen in love with the Scottish mountains on my first visit I shall be planning many more trips in the future.

Regards,

Mike.
belter

Munros:254   Corbetts:14
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:237
Wainwrights:161   Islands:6

Re: Hello from me and my first trip to Scotland

Postby monty » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Belter,
Welcome to the site and welcome to Scotland. I have read your report and its superb. Why don't you post it on here? This site has a lot of visitors and it will give them the chance to see some of your excellent pictures. I think the mamores is one of the best hill areas in Scotland. Well done. :D
monty

Re: Hello from me and my first trip to Scotland

Postby zebidee1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Hello, welcome along.

:D
zebidee1
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...