walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Greetings from Finland

Greetings from Finland

Postby Mrs T » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:29 am

Hi all,

the usual, have been visiting the site regularly (i.e. daily) for months now and finally decided to register. Love to read the route reports and have got new ideas e.g. for the coming trip to Aviemore, thanks to Myth and munrowalker. Also reading about places I've already been to brings back nice memories and it's always nice to see how it worked out for someone else, what the weather was like for them etc. And have to say, some of the pictures here are just stunning! For me, it's usually the other half who's responsible for the pics (unless I'm on my own), handy as leaves me time to catch up...

I'm not exactly new to Munros, but Finland being not perhaps the most convenient of places to be living in for bagging them, the progress is rather slow. Usually manage two trips a year, one in June with friends from Scotland, another later in the summer / early autumn usually just with hubby. The next one is only a week away, can't wait!
Mrs T
Munro compleatist

Munros:246   Corbetts:17
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:12

Re: Greetings from Finland

Postby skuk007 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Welcome to the site Mrs T. Hope you have a great time next week.
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby zebidee1 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Hello there Mrs T, welcome along.

:D
zebidee1
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   

Postby mountain coward » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:31 pm

You're not Mrs T our famous ex-Prime Minister in hiding in Finland are you? :D Only joking - welcome to the site!
mountain coward

Postby Caberfeidh » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:15 am

Is your husband the famous Mr T from the A-team? Does his fear of flying play havoc with your munro-bagging trips? :lol:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Mrs T » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:00 pm

mountain coward wrote:You're not Mrs T our famous ex-Prime Minister in hiding in Finland are you? :D

Blimey, I forgot I wasn't supposed to reveal my whereabouts...

Caberfeidh wrote:Is your husband the famous Mr T from the A-team? Does his fear of flying play havoc with your munro-bagging trips? :lol:

Unfortunately my Mr T is slightly less famous and is not at all afraid of flying. What does play slight havoc with my munro-bagging trips is his fondness of scrambling, via ferratas etc. combined with the fact he isn't bagging, which means if he got to choose (which he doesn't), it would be Torridon or Skye every year. So you can imagine how enthusiastic he is about our coming trip to the Cairngorms...
Mrs T
Munro compleatist

Munros:246   Corbetts:17
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:12

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...