walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi then, & a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to one & all!

Hi then, & a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to one & all!

Postby bobble_hat_kenny » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Great website - and absolutely free! :D
I always meant to have a go at the Munros (well, maybe the first hundred or so; don't know if I'll ever be up to the Inn Pin) before I got too old, fat & generally decrepit, but work, kids & general Nonsense of the Day always got in the way ... however, I finally pulled myself together in the last year or so and have now got to 23 Munros, of which 17 in 2011. So I'm still fairly much a newbie, but it's a start. The New Year's resolution is to try to get to 50 by the end of 2012.
But really, what a great resource this site is - the walk reports are fun, informative and genuinely useful. Plus there seem to be so many real characters out there :lol: which is refreshing.
My next challenge is to submit an actual walk report: I have yet to remember to take my proper camera, & the one on my phone isn't really up to the job. A shame, as I had a good walk up Ben Challum via the NW ridge from Auchtertyre Farm with my pal Andy C in late November that could have been quite photogenic. Ah weel, next time...
Having one of those unexpectedly quiet in-between-Christmas-and-New-Year days at work today, so I thought I'd log on & send everyone season's greetings!
P.S. if you were wondering, I did at one stage have a traditional Toory Bunnet hence the monicker, but my wife binned it (I think - she says not but I hae my doobts). My current preferred hat is bobble-less, sadly. I would post a picture but haven't quite figured out how yet.
bobble_hat_kenny
Mountaineer

Munros:216   Corbetts:38
Grahams:41   Donalds:19
Sub 2000:24   Hewitts:2

Re: Hi then, & a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to one & a

Postby pollyh33 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Welcome to the site Kenny :D

Looking forward to your first report 8)
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Grahams:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...