walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

New Member howdi

New Member howdi

Postby mk11golf » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Hello folks :D I have only just started hill walking this year with a group of work colleagues so far I have climbed 2 Munro's Ben Nevis in June it took me 4 Hrs up & just over 3 down we have also climbed Schiehallion last Friday this took 2 Hrs up 1.25 Hrs down. we are planning more walks in the future possibly Ben Lomond and next year Ben Lawers. Hopefully with any luck we may even get a clear top on one of our trips so far snow and low cloud. then again it is Scotland I wouldn't have it any other way. Although not a Munro I do like the Ochil's Ben Cleuch is particularly nice as well as quite hard work for a short walk. 8)
mk11golf
Mountaineer

Re: New Member howdi

Postby Alan S » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:46 pm

welcome to the site
ive actually been up all the hills you mentioned and there all good walks with the lawers range being one of my favourites.agree with you on the ochils there are some good walks there too,not to far from me.
good luck bagging one in good weather,im still trying :lol:

enjoy the site
alan
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby sloosh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 am

Hello :)
sloosh

Munros:62   Corbetts:1

Postby HighlandSC » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Hello and welcome! Nevermind the hills for a sec - Lets see a pic of this mk2 golf! :thumbup:

I just sold my mk2 last night after 3 years :(
HighlandSC

Munros:33   Corbetts:4
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:14   
Islands:8

Postby gillhowatson » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:24 am

Hi there,
Welcome to the site. It's great for sharing ideas and achievements. Like you, I am fairly new to climbing Munros and have spent lots of time in the Ochils, Lomonds, The Bishop etc because they are close to where I live.Ben Cluich is a super walk. I did Ben Lawers on one of the best days of the year.Got a bit sunburned! It's a great way of bagging a few in one day. We did Beinn Ghlas and An Stuc too.
Best Wishes
Gillian
gillhowatson
Munro compleatist

Munros:41   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   

Postby ospreysfan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:27 am

Hi there,

i have been up Ben Lommond twice, both by tourist trail. I haven't walked up the ptarmigan ridge but having read other people's posts it looks like the more interesting aproach of the two options. Have you had a look at doing the circuit, maybe up ptarmigan ridge and down tourist trail?

Last time I went up Ben Lommond the vis was really bad so didnt see the view I did on the first walk. If you catch it on a good day the view down Loch Lommond is really beautiful.
ospreysfan
Mountaineer

Munros:86   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:2

Postby mountain coward » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:42 pm

You could always have a read of my walk report for the full round, i.e. up the 'tourist route' and down the Ptarmigan Ridge (link below):

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1677
mountain coward

Postby zebidee1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Hello there, welcome along.

:D
zebidee1
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...