walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello!!

Hello!!

Postby Nicla » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:34 am

Been visiting this site and reading reviews for a while so thought it's about time I registered. Hello everyone! Been enjoying hillwalking for a good few years but now getting more interested in it, am really hoping to get my list of conquests up as its quite miserable at the moment, 13 munros and a few corbetts. Go out hillwalking with my brother which is just constant hours of absolute drivel talked, but a good laugh and day out. However, do most of it on my own as he works mad shifts. Anyway, intro over, back to thinking about what to do next...... :)
Nicla

Munros:67   Corbetts:2
Grahams:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Hello!!

Postby yokehead » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi and welcome, look forward to seeing some walk reports. :D Is it hillwalking or talking drivel that you do mostly on your own? :lol:
yokehead

Munros:68   Corbetts:9
Grahams:1   
Hewitts:87
Wainwrights:23   

Postby Nicla » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:14 pm

haha, well they both tend to go hand in hand. Hillwalking! Although I do end up usually having brief conversations with various sheep and goats I pass, they just tend to stare at me though :D

mind you, they can make more sense than my brother......
Nicla

Postby yokehead » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Good to hear I'm not alone. I occasionally apologise to the wildlife for disturbing them as I pass by and I remember once describing my day's events to a bull. The lack of response is most irritating. :lol:
yokehead

Munros:68   Corbetts:9
Grahams:1   
Hewitts:87
Wainwrights:23   

Postby Nicla » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:05 pm

:lol: i had a staring/stand off competition with a couple of cows this year when I was walking the west highland way. They were blocking the path and they were not for moving oh no. So I had to go round them through the wettest boggiest ground. I hope they saw the look of disgust I threw them after :lol: :lol:
Nicla

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:44 pm

A prod with a harpoon would see 'em off, shiver me timbers, aaarrrrrrrrr!
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Nicla » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:03 pm

:) hey, if it saves me getting soaking squelchy boots, I'm up for it!
Nicla

Postby gillhowatson » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Hi Nicla
I also walk with my brother but have wondered about striding out by myself when he is unavailable. Just a bit anxious about doing it incase I get lost or trip. I am still quite a novice and so have been considering a local walking group. Not sure they would enjoy the drivel my brother and I discuss though!!
Gillian
gillhowatson
Munro compleatist

Munros:41   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   

Postby Nicla » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi Gillian,
To be honest, I do prefer to walk with someone, but my brother works weird shifts so is rarely able to go when I can. I do worry about getting lost which is why I try to just do hills that have clear paths (and summits) when I'm on my own, although I did recently have a scary visit to Ben Cruachan and the ridge :( missed a cairn and panicked a bit, ok a lot. But, on the whole its not bad, except the sheep just don't appreciate the drivel the same way my brother does!
Nicla

Postby gillhowatson » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:52 am

That does sound a bit scary Nicla! I need to get on a navigation skills course as I would be rubbish if my brother wasn't with me.If you ever see some woman roaming aimlessly alone around a mountain, you'll know it's me !!
gillhowatson
Munro compleatist

Munros:41   Corbetts:4
Grahams:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   

Postby zebidee1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Hello there, welcome along.

:D
zebidee1
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...