walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Just joined

Just joined

Postby 2mbas » Mon May 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Have reached 280 Munros and am hoping to complete by my 60th in early June. It's taken a while -- since 1989, but am thrilled to be this near. Also excited at being able to move other things, e.g. some Corbetts, multi-day routes, up the list of priorities.

Hope to hear from others with similar experiences.

2mbas
2mbas
Munro compleatist

Re: Just joined

Postby skuk007 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Hiya, good luck with the last ones, which ones are they?
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby 2mbas » Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Thanks. First I want to get to Carn an Fhidleir and An Sgarsoch, which I've repeatedly side-stepped on grounds of awkward approach. I'll go from Glen Feshie and back the same way, probably with a bothy or tent stop before walking out on Day 2.

Then saving Meall na Teanga for the last one. As it will be a bit of a family occasion, I've reserved a relatively easy mountain of reasonable accessibility, but with the prospect of good views if conditions are favourable. I've seen the problems of approaching from the south (storm damage in forest) so will revert to the Kilfinnan start from the NE.

Some even more exciting new challenges thereafter. . .
2mbas
Munro compleatist

Postby robinmmorley » Thu May 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi

Just did my 200th so have an idea how you feel. I was sat at the top looking over to Schiehallion which I am saving for my last one. It is my plan to finish before my 50th do 2 years 7 months to go.
robinmmorley
Stravaiging

Munros:201   Corbetts:4
Hewitts:143

Postby 2mbas » Mon May 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks for being in touch. Someone told me that, once you get that far, you'll keep the motivation to the end!

That's a classic for your final climb. Hope you enjoy the next 82!
2mbas
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...