walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from Kent

Hello from Kent

Postby goth_angel » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Have posted on here a few times but have realised I hadn't introduced myself!

I live in Kent, married to a Scotsman and we have just started hillwalking. I've always enjoyed walking but before this year it's usually been coastal walks in Wales/ Cornwall with the odd hill in Yorkshire or the Lakes. We've started doing it for fun really, no expectation or real intention of ever doing the lot!

We don't get up to Scotland all that often which is a shame, as the days of the truly cheap flight seem to be over and it's rather a long drive! :shock:
goth_angel

Munros:101   Corbetts:9
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:85
Wainwrights:181   

Re: Hello from Kent

Postby Myth » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:01 am

goth_angel wrote:...realised I hadn't introduced myself!

Welcome! Nice to see you...

goth_angel wrote:...just started hillwalking....doing it for fun really, no expectation or real intention of ever doing the lot!
Quite the right way to go about it - Just Enjoy Them! Also gives you the perfect excuse to a) cherry pick the stunning ones, and b) repeat them.
I've over 6 repeats on three different hill... they keep calling me back!

goth_angel wrote:...it's rather a long drive! :shock:

And with petrol the price it is... sigh.
I regularly forget just how lucky I am to have four ranges within an easy two hour drive - in the van.

Look forward to hearing about your walks,
Myth

Postby goth_angel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:26 pm

We are going to be back in 2 weeks time, not that I am counting or anything (!) Hoping the weather is decent as I've heard it's been a bit grim up there recently. :(
goth_angel

Postby Paul Webster » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:40 pm

I've heard it's been a bit grim up there recently.

Yes, the weather has been much more mixed but I think it seems worse as the West Highlands had its driest spring ever - some houses on Skye have had their water supplies drying up.

Certainly hope it isn't as wet as when you had your wedding at Urquhart Castle - I remember what the weather was like when that Runrig gig was on in Drum (we were in Inverness) - one of the worst days last autumn! - feel very sorry for you but hope you still had a great day.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby goth_angel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:04 pm

Paul Webster wrote:
I've heard it's been a bit grim up there recently.

Yes, the weather has been much more mixed but I think it seems worse as the West Highlands had its driest spring ever - some houses on Skye have had their water supplies drying up.

Certainly hope it isn't as wet as when you had your wedding at Urquhart Castle - I remember what the weather was like when that Runrig gig was on in Drum (we were in Inverness) - one of the worst days last autumn! - feel very sorry for you but hope you still had a great day.

I think we realised that if we were going to get married in the Highlands the weather was never going to be guaranteed! :shock:

Had a great day anyway. 2 days later we were in Glencoe and it was glorious sunshine - typical!
goth_angel

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...