walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Greetings from Austria!

Greetings from Austria!

Postby hanslenz » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Hello there!

Just found this wonderful site and that its quite nicely since I climbed my first two Munros last week. I am Austrian, but live currently in Germany and spend a few weeks every year in Scotland - have two kids who go to Universities in Stirling and Glasgow. So of course I have to do the "Dad-thing" (i.e. visit, get a hug and write a few checks, hehe!) every once in a while. But since I also get the occasional day off I thought I try out the mountains. It is wonderful! The views are great, the weather is "interesting" and I find the people I meet on the mountains exceptionally friendly!
Look forward to my next visit!

Cheers,
Hans
hanslenz

Munros:13   

Re: Greetings from Austria!

Postby Paul Webster » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:43 am

Hi Hans!

Glad you are able to tag a bit of enjoyment onto visiting your kids - hope they aren't reading or they may be expecting more cheques!! We need to hurry up for you and cover those most southerly parts of the Highlands.

Haste ye back..
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby maddjock » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:15 am

hi hans... welcome to the site..

do you think you will complete every munro before the kids leave university? :D
maddjock
Hill Bagger

Postby hanslenz » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:05 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Paul I don't think my kids are going to read this - walking up a mountain is not considered cool enough :)
Maybe they will understand when they are older.

And regarding maddjock's question of finishing every munro before they leave University - in general I would say it is not terribly likely, but strictly speaking it depends on how long they stay at the Uni! :D

Cheers,
Hans
hanslenz

Munros:13   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...