walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi folks!

Hi folks!

Postby Clamberer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:14 am

Greetings all!

Thought it was about time I introduced myself- I discovered this fantastic site around easter time and have been dipping into the walk reports to plan my trips over the summer months. Now that the days are short and theres not so many trips to plan I intend to spend more time lurking around the forums!

I discovered the joys of hillwalking about 3 years ago and have been getting more and more besotted ever since. Sadly my partner's idea of an enjoyable weekend does not include a 15 mile hike across knee-deep heather to the summit of a windswept mountain. As many of my friends also share this view, I am always on the lookout for like minded souls to accompany me!

Anyway thanks to Paul for building such a comprehensively brilliant site- it really kicks the arse off all the others! :D I hope to contribute some photos/ trip reports soon. Looking forward to meeting yous all in the forums!
Clamberer
Rambler

Munros:228   Corbetts:17
Fionas:5   

Re: Hi folks!

Postby mountain coward » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:19 am

Hi and welcome to the site... I'm not so sure I like the knee-deep heather either - I prefer a path! :) But I do love mountains and empty spaces and we have very few of the latter left in England! :(
mountain coward

Postby sloosh » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Hello. :)

Just for the record, I am not too fond of knee-deep heather either. :)
sloosh

Munros:62   Corbetts:1

Postby Clamberer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)

Can anyone advise this technophobe how to shrink one of my photos to 24kb to use as an avatar? Any help greatly appreciated!
Clamberer
Rambler

Postby tmobyrne » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:36 am

Welcome!!

You need some software to do this, if you don't have any then email me your photo and I will shrink it for you.

As for deep heather, have you tried knee deep heather which is knee deep in snow on a 50 degree slope?????

Terence
tmobyrne

Postby Clamberer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:08 pm

Thanks Terence, thats very decent of you.

Knee deep heather and knee deep snow are not my favourite combination, far less with a 50 degree slope involved!! Surely this is what sledges were invented for?! :lol:

I'll pm you the picture, ta very much :D
Clamberer
Rambler

Postby Clamberer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:28 pm

Check out my new avatar!!

Thanks Terence, well chuffed :D

I could return the favour and teach you to use iTunes??!
Clamberer
Rambler

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...