walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello all from Alva

Hello all from Alva

Postby daveyb » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:33 am

Greetings all, just joined the site. Done most of my walking in the Ochils which are 2 minutes away from my house. Done my fair share in the Highlands as well but not long talked a friend into coming along, which is good.

Hope everyone is getting out as much as they want in this great Scottish summer weather :?
daveyb

Munros:24   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:17   

Re: Hello all from Alva

Postby Paul Webster » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:46 am

Hi and welcome on board!

I was down in the Trossachs last week - not so far from you - and the weather was absolutely dire - constant rain - so no hillwalks there yet. During my student years I used to get the bus from St Andrews towards Stirling (sometimes to Alva or Tillicoultry and did quite alot of walking in the Ochils - nice hills. I'll see if we can expand our definition of the highlands a bit eventually!
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Re: Hello all from Alva

Postby daveyb » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:17 am

Yes, I think some people would be surprised by the Ochils, not so high but some excellant opportunities for high-level plateau walking Image
daveyb

Munros:24   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:17   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...