walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello, newbee on this site.

Hello, newbee on this site.

Postby mountainstar » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:54 pm

Just found this site for the 1st time, I love scotland, it's my 2nd home (from Wales) I completed the Munros in 1995, and the Corbetts in 2002,I still climb the hills, but most of my travels now are backpacking trips of various days, this year I did the West highland way,the Cape wrath trail (via Knoydart) (also the alternative more eastern route from Lochcarron via Affric to Fort William, just to see and do both sections) a Knoydart 5 day trip, a Cairngorm 4 day trip, plus several other shorter 1 or 2 night trips to Bothies and wildcamps. I`m a member of the MBA and have visited/stayed in most of the Bothies in the Highlands & Islands. My Mountain highlight was Summiting Mont Blanc last year. I'm also on outdoormagic & scottishhills.com. Already looking forward to More trips up North next year, you can't keep me away! :D
mountainstar
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:221
Fionas:24   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:217
Wainwrights:214   Islands:24

Re: Hello, newbee on this site.

Postby mountain coward » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:56 am

Hello and welcome - you've just missed the Tarf Hotel trip! Was great! :D
mountain coward

Postby Ann Young » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:21 am

Hello and welcome fellow MBA member.
Ann Young
Hill Bagger

Postby Gorf01 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:37 am

Hallo from somebody who loves staying in Bothies.
Gorf01
Stravaiging

Munros:2   Corbetts:5
Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:27

Postby mountainstar » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Tarf ? Ummmm... perhaps with a crowd....
whilst stopping at "the tarf hotel" Feith uaine bothy on my own in august 05, I also had a scary night. At around 5am I was awoken by what sounded like a loud human sneeze, which came from inside the bothy. I thought someone had arrived during the night & was in the next room, but I was,nt brave enough to go & have a look! I lay still for 10mins but heard no further noise. I managed to go back to sleep again, but was awoken again by the front door banging in the wind, again I stayed put! Soon after that, a 3rd "noise" was the most scary, what sounded like 2 stones thrown very loudly against the wooden panelled walls above me. I stayed put again! Somehow managed to get another hour or two,s sleep & was glad to see the light of day, but was still freaked out & was glad to leave. Don,t think I will be going there on my own again. Still get a chill down my back thinking about it now!
mountainstar
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:221
Fionas:24   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:217
Wainwrights:214   Islands:24

Postby mountain coward » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 pm

Well there were 6 of us - but John stayed on his own on the Friday night but reported a good sleep! I think we were half-hoping it was haunted - would have been a laugh with a group! Didn't you have your ice-axe? You could have gone investigation like they did in the Corienalarig Bothy near Braemar in the 'Mountain Days & Bothy Nights' book! :lol:
mountain coward

Postby sloosh » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:49 am

Hello. :)
sloosh

Munros:62   Corbetts:1

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...