walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Highland Cross

Highland Cross

Postby timmcarthur6364 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:43 pm

Hi there,

Just seen adventure programme on TV featuring Highland Cross race. Really like the idea of this race. Can't find exact website for info on race - can anyone tell where to look for details.

Looking at posts see that it is well subscribed with repeat teams with fund raising in place - any chance for newcomer's team - fund raising would not probably be a problem?

Hope someone can help.
timmcarthur6364

Re: Highland Cross

Postby Paul Webster » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi Tim

Welcome to Walkhighlands!

I've just watched that too. Did you read Myth's account of his crossing here: http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=205? Don't know if he's around at the moment to give you any tips..

Sounds really hard to get a place, so good luck. The Highland Cross website is at: http://www.highlandcross.co.uk/
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Grahams:66   Donalds:43
Sub 2000:115   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:134   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby timmcarthur6364 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:35 pm

Paul,

Many thanks for that info. Have had a good look at the site and see that enquiries/request for entries are requested after 1st September - tomorrow! Will try my luck. Looked absolutely tremendous event on the TV programme.

My son and i have done Scottish Islands peaks race many times and are looking for something else to keep my elderly body working hard.

Thanks again for the info.

Tim
timmcarthur6364

Postby Myth » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:09 pm

Tim,

All existing teams get advance chance to re-book for the following year... and most do so. Both my wife and I have confirmed our wish to continue with our respective teams, and hope to get our places again next year, although since we were both stand-ins, we'll have to wait and see what happens!

The event is first class - fantastic scenery, and amazing organisation and support.

Good luck - and get your bid in FAST.
Myth

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...