walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi from afar!

Hi from afar!

Postby lhalloran » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:13 am

Hi there

Just joined the site last week and have spent my spare time putting my "bagged" munroes in the map! It looks good to see how many I have done. Unfortunately its been years since I did any (children) and now I live in New Zealand so not much hope of getting them finished!! Ah well, I still have the great memories of the ones I've done...the mists...the midges...the junk food...the rain...wouldn't have missed it for anything! :D
lhalloran

Munros:166   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   

Re: Hi from afar!

Postby wandererjon » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Hiya, welcome to a great site.
lhalloran wrote:the mists...the midges...the junk food...the rain...wouldn't have missed it for anything!

I seem to remember these things when I visited NZ, just substitute sandflies for midges. Mind you, the food wasn't too bad- apart from the mutton sausages :lol:
wandererjon

Munros:4   
Fionas:12   
Hewitts:15

Re: Hi from afar!

Postby lhalloran » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:40 am

Haha, can't say I've seen any of those! The pies are cracking though. Yes the sandflies are a pain but we're not too bothered with them at our place. I have to say though that the summers are great here with back-to-back sunny days. Still miss my days in the hills of home though.
lhalloran

Munros:166   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...