walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Postby gammy leg walker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Just a few words to introduce myself to all,1st off apologies to anyone who has read any of my reports so far and wondered why there is no photos to back my reports up,only joined site on jan 30th this year and any pics I had taken so far I had developed for my own album for me took look back at when the gammy leg packs in (a while yet I hope).
Anyway feel free to coment,critisize,agree,or other wise at my attempt at writing my reports,I look forward to reading them and replying in kind. PS once I get back out walking this year I would hope to have pics to put with any report 8)
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Re: New member

Postby mountain coward » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:51 am

Hi to you and your gammy leg! Welcome to the site :D
mountain coward

Postby Paul Webster » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:10 am

Hi Gammy Leg and welcome to the site (from one gammy knee)

You've put all your reports so far into your personal walks diary only (it's a tick box) so not so many people will have read them. Only ones you don't tick for your diary only appear in the main forum as well (so if you want comments on a longer trip report/ with photos or something then best leave it unchecked). Hope that makes sense!
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:04 am

Just how seriously debilitating is this gammy leg? Would you be better off without it? As Ship's Medical Officer I could recommend amputation. Then I'll have something to beef up this soup. It's only got a deer's leg in it so far...
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby mountain coward » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 am

It's probably getting now to the stage where we're all reading the hello page for 2 reasons - one to see the new guys... and two, to see what Caberfeidh's threatening them with! :lol:
mountain coward

Postby Alan S » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:29 am

Hello its about time you joined ive only been going on about it for over a year :)
Forgot to say that nobody can read your reports unless they click into your profile oops
Also should have mentioned the constant threat of amputatation of dodgy limbs
Hope the knee holds up for another few years,who would drive me everywhere :wink:
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...