walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Me and my left knee say 'Hello'

Me and my left knee say 'Hello'

Postby Jaywizz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:24 pm

I've been walking for many years but currently told (by the doctor then physio) to lay off hills for the next two months. (I have already warned my husband and friends I will become increasingly bad-tempered ....................)
I would love to hear from other walkers with 'knee problems' (mine are just due to overuse/misuse and abuse - I used to be a caver) and their successes. I'm currently on anti-inflammatories and doing exercises - I'm not keen on surgery (even more time away from the hills!) What else has worked for you? Thank you in anticipation of some good news stories!!!!
Jaywizz
Munro compleatist

Munros:237   Corbetts:32
Grahams:70   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:129   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:4   Islands:25

Re: Me and my left knee say 'Hello'

Postby Fife Flyer » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi & welcome don't really suffer from any particular sore joints :D

Having said that I do have aching knees, which is usually down to descending, but I find after a couple of days rest (not going up & down hills), am fighting fit again, well as fit as I'll ever be :lol:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:205   Corbetts:49
Grahams:24   Donalds:50
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby mrssanta » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:22 pm

do you have walking poles to help take the strain off your knees on descents? it does help if you can manage them. Keep going with the exercises - for ever- but oh dear two months does seem like a long time.
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:252   Corbetts:11
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:40   Islands:8

Postby devondebs » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:20 am

Hi, yes its very frustrating I have knee problems but since I started using a walking pole and a good knee support it has really helped. I also go to the gym and strengthen the supporting muscles which is important too.
devondebs
Munro compleatist

Munros:110   Corbetts:8
Grahams:1   Donalds:3
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:214   

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...