walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Donich Water Hydro Scheme, Inveronich, Lochgoilhead ArgyllPl

Donich Water Hydro Scheme, Inveronich, Lochgoilhead ArgyllPl

Postby eddie devlin » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi folk, I am a bit dismayed to hear about the above which I think from my first look at it will destroy one of my favourite
walks in the area which is near Lochgoilhead. Before I investigate further, do any of you know of this and have opinions
about it. cheers for now.
eddie devlin
Hill Bagger

Re: Donich Water Hydro Scheme, Inveronich, Lochgoilhead Argy

Postby magicdin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:17 pm

magicdin
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:110   Donalds:23
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:24
Wainwrights:10   Islands:28

Postby eddie devlin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:16 am

Thank you magic din, good name, what does it mean? The info was useful but I am surprised at the low response so far.
i have sent comments to the planning wallahs who say they will post them in due course. I am not a NIMBY or other
reactionary but question the reasons for such upheaval in this area, when we have a tidal loch nearby which could be utilised for tidal generators etc. come one ramblers support the Donich One .
eddie devlin
Hill Bagger

Postby eddie devlin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Sent:11 Sep 2013 22:01:53 +0100
To:planningemail
Subject:Attn. Erin Goldie: Planning Application No: 2013/0120/DET Attachments:donich.eml
Dear Ms Goldie
Ref: 2013/0120/DET
Donich Water Hydro Scheme, Inveronich, Lochgoilhead ArgyllPlanning Application No: 2013/0120/DET
I read with some dismay the developer's proposals to clear a construction corridor 28 metres wide along the line of Glen Donich Circular Walk in order to lay large diameter supply pipes for the above proposed hydro scheme.
The Donich Circular walk (sometimes referred to as the Donich Falls walk) is one of the most popular walks in the
Lochgoilhead area for both residents, visitors and hill walkers. It is featured on many walking, outdoor and hillwalking sites
(like walkhighlands.co.uk) and very many Scottish tourist and visitor sites such as the visitcowal.co.uk entry attached.
As well as intersecting with hill routes to Coilessan Glen, Ben Donich, Glen Croe and the Steeple, it is a beautiful 4 km walk in its own right -rising steeply from Inveronich through quiet woods with stunning dramatic views of Loch Goil before arriving
at the spectacular Donich falls, from which there is a gentle descent back down into Lochgoilhead with panoramic views of the loch, the town and the Steeple.
eddie devlin
Hill Bagger

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:40 am

But it is only temporary disruption; the pipeline will be buried. See http://www.sepa.org.uk/water/water_regulation/advertised_applications/1112677.aspx
You'll get used to it.
People gotta live.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby magicdin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:51 pm

eddie devlin wrote:Thank you magic din, good name, what does it mean?

You have to be a certain vintage - well known magician with the initials DN
(my middle name is Iain hence magicdin) :wink:
magicdin
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:110   Donalds:23
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:24
Wainwrights:10   Islands:28

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...