walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello

Hello

Postby cloudbusting » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:41 am

I'm a long time lurker round here, so I thought it might be polite to say "hello"!

I'm based in Glasgow and looking to slowly get back into walking again. I thought I was fit, but climbing up Ben Lomond last year proved to be more of a challenge than I would have liked!! I've started some longer, low-level routes with a view to bagging more hills now that the snow has gone and the days are getting longer.

I tend to have my "weekends" during the week (if that makes sense!),so if there is anybody else out there of dubious fitness and looking for a walking partner for later in the year, then feel free to get in touch! :)

David

P.S To Paul and Helen, if you read this, many congratulations on a fantastic website. It is perfect on so many levels. Thank you.
cloudbusting
Hill Bagger

Munros:2   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:8   

Re: Hello

Postby mountain coward » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:38 am

Well I'm a shifty - sorry shift - worker too so I'm often available in the week... welcome to the site :D
mountain coward

Postby scotty72 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm

hi david,

like you i have time off during the week ( 4 on 4 off) thats my shifts, also bagging small hills then possibly on to munros etc, plenty of hills near glasgow to get the fitness up, i am starting the w h w on the 30th of april and after that would meet up with you as im quite near glasgow (clydebank)

cheers scotty.
scotty72
Mountaineer

Munros:9   Corbetts:5
Fionas:1   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Paul Webster » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:37 pm

Welcome..... and Thankyou!
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...