walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi To Everyone - Another Newbie:-)

Hi To Everyone - Another Newbie:-)

Postby mountain coward » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:54 am

Hi, I've registered as 'mountain coward' as that's exactly what I am, however, I'm trying to do all the Munros (I know I'll have problems when I get to Skye!). I hope to send in a few Munro walk reviews soon which are tailored from articles I submitted to my mountaineering clubs. I also hope to send piccies with them as I'm quite a keen landscape photographer (that's not to say I'm good, just keen;-)
I've currently done 114 Munros, 30 in May/June last year. I need to finish them before I get too old :? I walk mostly on my own as I'm available in the week (shift-worker) when all my friends are generally working, apart from one lucky sod who's retired at 50 :mrgreen:
My favourite area in general is the Braemar area with all those long, empty glens and real desolation, but my favourite ridge walk (and non-scary ridge walks are my speciality) is the Grey Corries.
Hope to see some of you in the hills!
mountain coward

Re: Hi To Everyone - Another Newbie:-)

Postby wandererjon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi Mountain Coward ( :?) and welcome to the forum. I can sympathise with you, but you've got a lot more guts than I have (plus over 100 more Munroes!!!). I did mine a lot of years ago, when I wasn't too bothered about the consequences of falling a long way :lol: .
I look forward to reading your reviews and looking at the pictures- sounds great!!

Jon
wandererjon

Munros:4   
Fionas:12   
Hewitts:15

Postby Paul Webster » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi there and welcome on board! I think there are alot more of us hill cowards out there than are usually admitted - all my (infrequent) scrambles are attempted with great fear and trepidation, and bypass paths are very popular particularly with Helen :lol:
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby mountain coward » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Except that sometimes I believe the bypass paths are worse - I'm led to believe the one past Am Fasarinen on Liathach is! I suppose many of scrambles are more solid than the bypass paths which is a point to consider.
mountain coward

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...