walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

complete and utter newbie...and rookie!

complete and utter newbie...and rookie!

Postby Barclebean » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi folks,

I'm new to the website and also this hiking business. I walk a lot in general, but mostly flat terrain, so have decided to up the ante a little and start ticking off some of the (many!) long-distance walks as an "aperitif" to some of the "big hills" :lol: my 6-year old loves "dangerous walks" as he calls them, so this is our chance to get a bit more "outdoorsy" as a family. I've invested in some proper footwear as a prompt, and we're planning to do Arthur's Seat this weekend!

The forum looks great and very welcoming, so hopefully I'll pick up some handy hints and tips as I start working my way through the lists!

I read something about meet-ups; how often does this happen? Are there any other families out there doing something similar? :)

Lee-Anne
Barclebean
Mountaineer

Re: complete and utter newbie...and rookie!

Postby willsdad » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi Barclebean,

Welcome to the site.

Let us know how you get on with your new adventures.
My boy is 4 and I'm dying to drag him out on some 'dangerous walks'.
Although right now I'd have him on my back along with the pack :roll:
I'm not quite up to pushing a go-cart up a mountain.......although coming down would be another adventure!
willsdad
Backpacker

Munros:13   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:6

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...