walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello to all

Hello to all

Postby Astrid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi there :)

Just to introduce myself to you all: originally from the Netherlands, I moved to Scotland in 2007 with husband Carlo and rough collie Jazz. We currently live in Callander (15 miles north of Stirling) and are thoroughly enjoying our gorgeous surroundings.

In my working life, I am a green lifestyle coach: I support people and businesses who wish to lead a more environmentally friendly lifestyle. Also, I facilitate and support sustainable community groups who wish to engage people locally.

In my spare time, I love wandering about, enjoy the natural world around me, get to know the wildlife. I am usually accompanied by Jazz, a notebook for scribblings and my Panasonic Lumix LX3, a small, light and wonderfully reliable camera.

Am very impressed with Walkhighlands! My sincere compliments to the initiators of this wonderful group/website. Hope to do all the walks (this is going to take ages no doubt, but I love a challenge!), and add photos and comments on the walks.

And maybe I'll bump into some of you here, in the virtual world or in the real one... ;-)

My best wishes,

Astrid
Astrid
Wanderer

Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   

Re: Hello to all

Postby Paul Webster » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Welcome to the site Astrid!!!

Hope to do all the walks (this is going to take ages no doubt, but I love a challenge!)

It could be the latest bagging challenge, to do all the walks on here. You'll need to go faster than we can add new ones though 8)
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby Astrid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Paul,

Have been trying out some of the awesome features on the website and am SO impressed. Thanks so much for offering this to us all!

Will hopefully be able to contribute with photos and stories, although I'm not sure whether the munroes are on my menu... just yet. Coming from the very flat Netherlands, I am impressed with a 200 meters ascent :lol:

Give me time, give me time :D

Cheers,
Astrid
Astrid
Wanderer

Postby Scotjamie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:11 pm

welcome Astrid - you are lucky to live in Callander
200 metres and photos sounds good
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby BertvdBeu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:52 am

Hi Astrid

I'am Dutch too :) , and also very impressed of his site. Because we plannend (me and Lucie, my wife) to walk the West Higland Way, and, in combination, walk some Munro's too, we could prapare ourselves after finding all the pratical information on this site here.
And what we planned, we accomplished. The GPS-coordinates found here helped us to walk to the summit of Ben Dorain (visability 30 m) !!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to your trip reports.

Cheers Lucie & Bert

I'am glad the orange coulour changes after a month into green, I hope !! :shock:
But it will only be green after some rain !!
BertvdBeu
Munro compleatist

Postby mountain coward » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:26 am

Hi and welcome to the site - you have a great job :D
mountain coward

Postby LeithySuburbs » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:43 am

Callander is a great place to start exploring the Scottish hills :) . However, you have a lot to make up for after your nation's disgraceful World Cup final display :? ;). Welcome :)
LeithySuburbs
Ambler

Munros:259   Corbetts:56
Fionas:29   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:41   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:23   Islands:13

Postby Astrid » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:11 pm

[quote="LeithySuburbs"] "However, you have a lot to make up for after your nation's disgraceful World Cup final display :? ;). "

Why do you think we left... :roll:

I'll do my utmost to make it up to you :angel:

Astrid
Astrid
Wanderer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...