walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

hello

hello

Postby tilley hemp th5 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:12 pm

hi to all on this great site. just back from first munro for some years...that makes 51 not counting duplicates !!!!!
Schiehallion was very busy. large path most of the way...then into the mist !!!! weather improved later so saw some of the views. 4 hours and ten minutes........ 2 hours to top (about 10 min of stops) weather improved on way down so had a long 30 min lunch and photo break. met 2 guys who went up in 1 hour 30 min then ran down in 30 minutes.... impressed i definately was...those days long behind me now.........
more like lake district than scotland in terms of people on the hill......busy !!!!
did all lake district and peak district plus The Yorkshire Three Peaks Walk (in about 10 hours if my memory serves me well-
must have the clock in and out ticket somewhere) and The Tour du Mont Blanc or TMB (20 years ago now !!!)
so not a newby but had a long lay off and now back to get these munro's done before i retire !!!!!
all my old walking buddies down in england have now slowly dropped out so this was my first ever solo walk !!!!!!

regards to all ...will post some photos of todays walk in near future......
tilley hemp th5
Mountaineer

Munros:51   

Re: hello

Postby gammy leg walker » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Wellcome to the site ,look forward to reading your reports soon :) :)
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Re: hello

Postby Scotjamie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:24 pm

welcome tilley hemp th5
I started very slowly and am slowing down even more, which only makes the hills better - took seven hours to do An Socach (Glenshee) via the Baddoch burn.......because sometimes it is worth going slowly look forward to reports
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...