walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello. Serching for good family walks

Hello. Serching for good family walks

Postby Victor » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:34 pm

Hello Everybody,
This summer I will visit Scotland with my family. I have 2 daughters (7 and 4 years old) and I will apreciate any suggestion about fantastic walks that worth the visit; not high grade because of the children - although they like very much to walk.
Thanks.

Victor
Victor

Re: Hello. Serching for good family walks

Postby BVCSK » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi Victor and welcome to the site.

I have 2 children aged 5 & 8 and have had some fantastic walks with them in many areas of Scotland.

To provide you with some suggestions first I would need to know where in Scotland you are coming to and what type of walking you would like to do. Maybe if you let me know how far or how long you wish your walks to be that would also help.

We have everything up here from gentle lochside walks to more demanding hills, but still ones that my youngest did when he was 4.

You can reply to this message either on this forum or by way of a PM (private message).

Cheers

Bruce
BVCSK

Munros:37   Corbetts:17
Fionas:18   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:5   

Postby Victor » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:07 am

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for the answare and excuses for the late reply.
We will spend almost 2 weeks in Scotland and our intention is to do a trip around all the highlands and sky and trossachs.
We are looking for both gently walks or, if it's worhy, more difficut ones but if possible not more than 3 or 4 hours. in fact, our daughters are used to making excursions.
Any suggestion will be very well received.
Thank you very much on advance for your help
Victor

P.D. I think my English is not as good as when I was in school. Anyway, good taste if you like Riojas.
Victor

Postby BVCSK » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:34 am

Hi Victor, sorry for taking so long to reply to you.
I see that you are to spend 2 weeks in Scotland and intend to tour the Trossachs, Highlands and Skye.
The length of time you spend in each area and how frequently you want to go walking will dictate what you are able to do.
I will detail below some suggested walks for you and your family for the Trossachs and Skye but the Highlands is such a large area that it would be difficult to reccomend options without knowing where you are intending to stay.
All the suggestions should be available to download via this site.
Trossachs - Ben A'an, Ben Ledi, Conic Hill, Loch Ard and why not Ben Lomond.
Skye - The Quiraing, The Old Man of Storr, Claigan Coral Beaches, The Fairy Poolsin Glen Brittle, and either Healabhal Bheag(MacLeods Table South) or Healabhal Mhor(MacLeods Table North).
These are just some suggestions and ones that me and my family have done.
I am quite happy to suggest some Highland options if you can tell me in which area you intend to stop.
Depending on the dates of your holiday we could possibly meet up for one or two of the Trossachs walks and our families could enjoy a walk together.
My family and I are to holiday in Scotland and will be near Strathpeffer, north of Inverness from July 11th - 18th and then Blairgowrie in Perthshire from the 18th to 25th July and again if that was the same time as you were in Scotland we could perhaps meet up.
I am glad you approve of my taste in wine!! I do love a good Rioja. Some of my favourites are Baron De Barbon, Martinez Bujanda, Pagos De Tahola and Primicia. I also love to do a Paella on the BBQ of chicken and chorizo in fact there is always some chorizo in our fridge!!
Whatever you end up doing I do hope that you have a fantastic time with you family here in Scotland just remember we have a small flying insect here called a midge which are like mosquitos, they are less dangerous but much more aggressive and gather in swarms. They will not spoil your holiday but just be prepaired!!
Look forward to hearing from you again soon.
Bruce
BVCSK

Munros:37   Corbetts:17
Fionas:18   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:5   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...