walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

say hello

say hello

Postby cjwaugh » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi i jioned on fri 23 just a note to say hello and looks like a very useful site .I live in central scotland and have started hill walking again after a 7 year absence .I decided to start again following a nasty motorcycle accident to get fit and forgot what i was missing but there's no stopping me now i,m called campbell by the way :)
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:28
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Re: say hello

Postby mountain coward » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi Campbell and welcome. Another lucky bugger who actually lives in Scotland and doesn't have to do the long traipse from England!;-) I have a motorbike too but don't ride much nowadays - mainly due to the awful weather most of the time. Sorry to hear about your accident though and glad to hear you're getting out and about again into your superb hills.
mountain coward

Postby cjwaugh » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:08 pm

Thanks mountain coward your name doesn t reflect your impresive walking count i know im lucky living in scotland im off to sky in july walking and camping but you do have the lakes spent some time there as a boy and loved the area too.
cjwaugh

Postby druidsam » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:51 am

hello campbell, guess who :lol: , good to see you've overcome your forum shyness.. its good here innit !

.......................Sam
druidsam

Munros:87   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   Donalds:2

Postby mountain coward » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:33 am

my impressive walking count consists of lots of easy mountains - still got most of the hard stuff to come. And yes, the Lakes are great - I'm off there tomorrow until Thursday - Coniston area - trying to get fit for Glen Spean mid Feb.
mountain coward

Postby cjwaugh » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Coniston is great enjoy,unfortunately I have to work but next saturday going to do Ben Chonzie taking it easy to start with trying to get fit for summer .Hi druidsam hows things yes thought I would take the plunge.
cjwaugh

Postby mountain coward » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:14 am

Coniston WAS great - great practice for winter mountaineering and for my trip to Scotland next month - the place was wick wi' thick snow and ice. I'll be submitting a report when I get my photos back from the developers...
mountain coward

Postby cjwaugh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:32 pm

Glad to see you had a great time we climbed Ben Chonzie today boy was it cold and wild at the top but got a couple good picks need to try and figure out how to upload them .
cjwaugh

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...