walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Skye

Skye

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:54 am

Greetings;
I recently moved to Skye ~ is there a hillwalking/ mountaineering club hereabouts which I could join?
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Re: Skye

Postby Paul Webster » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi Caberfeidh and welcome to the site - and to Skye too!

When I moved here I was suprised to find there isn't a walking or mountaineering club on Skye, though there are plenty of hill-goers. There is the Lochalsh Trails club based - suprise! - in Lochalsh; it offers led walks, and further afield there are clubs in Inverness etc. which obviously operate frequently in this direction and you could hook up with them for weekend meets.

Our club directory has links.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Cheers Paul,
I'm already in the Inverness M.C. , I was hoping to meet folk here. Excellent snow though. Can we put photos on this site?
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Paul Webster » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Yes, you can add photos to posts in the forum. If you have a look at the trip reports section you'll see the sort of thing. This is the snowiest morning I've known on Skye in 3 years... :)

If you save the photo at 640 pixels wide or less then you can upload it to us directly (using the 'Add photograph or map' tab below where you write your post). You can then 'place inline' if you want to which will put the photo at the current point in the text.

Some users prefer to upload their photos to other websites like photobucket and then paste the photo locations into their post (drag over the location when you've done this and then press the 'Img' button). This basically has the same effect.

I'm not getting out much on Skye at the moment as we're working further afield whenever the weather is good. I know there are other Skye-dwellers on here so you never know.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Walk wish-list

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:33 pm

rats, my photos are too big...
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Paul Webster » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:38 pm

What program do you use to look at them? It should be able to resize them to 640 wide so they look right on the web - you can then save the smaller copy to your desktop, and then upload it...

Alternatively I think if you upload them to photobucket it will show them the size you want it to... I haven't tried this but I'm sure another user could help if needed.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Walk wish-list

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:05 pm

Might just have it now...
Sgurr Alasdair Feb 09 010.JPG
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...