walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi Everyone.

Hi Everyone.

Postby jp29kbg » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:16 pm

I've been stalking this site for a couple of years now . Love getting out into the great outdoors with my pooch Dylan. Mainly in Scotland, my favourite places are the Cairngorms, where I glamp regularly. ( Notice 'Glamp'...I like my creature comforts). Also spend a lot of time along the North and West Coasts. Its mostly low level hill walking . Too scared to venture further up :lol:
jp29kbg
Mountaineer

Munros:1   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:2   

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby Alteknacker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:47 am

I recommend you give the lost valley walk in Glencoe a try. It's easy low walking, but with the most tremendous inspiring views of the surrounding mountains - it might motivate you to try something a little higher. Anyway welcome! As you will know if you've been stalking the site for a couple of years, there is just MASSES of good information on Highlands walks, from the shortest and least taxing, to the longest and toughest. But all with something to be said for them...
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Re: Hi Everyone.

Postby jp29kbg » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:32 pm

Thanks for that. Sounds great. Have been wanting to go camping in Glencoe. Might give this a go.
jp29kbg
Mountaineer

Munros:1   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:2   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...