walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello

Hello

Postby Algreen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:34 am

Hello everyone,
my pal and I are planning to do a few walks and where better to get all the information and guidance we need than on here. I am still desperately clinging on to playing rugby but I don't think I have too long left in the game so I am hoping walking and taking pictures of our beautiful country will be my next "thing". I have walked up about six or seven Munros in the past but have no intention of trying to bag them all. Looking forward to getting started. Cheers.
Algreen
Ambler

Munros:10   

Re: Hello

Postby Sgurr » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:29 pm

Husband played football (soccer) until he was 50, and it did him no favours in his hill walking career. His knee got kicked to pieces and he now hobbles up and down hills. If you are going to go in for hill walking, protect the bits that you will need. Welcome.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Re: Hello

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:23 am

Welcome to the Madhouse. And if your legs do get knackered, you can always take up canoeing.

spacehopper.JPG
Canoeing - minimal walking involved.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...