walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Greetings from The Netherlands

Greetings from The Netherlands

Postby Kwant » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Hello everybody,

I was thinking about things to do for next summer. Being a student walking is a great (cheap) option.
So far Scotland seems like one of the best options for me to go this summer (not 100% sure yet) and then I found this gem of a website.

I have been to Scotland before, didn't walk that much that time.
If I'll go to Scotland next year I'll be doing some nice long distance trails, normally I travel solo but I might look for a buddy on some parts of the trail if the time comes.

Anything else you want to know, just ask :)

Cheers,
Sonja
Kwant
Scrambler

Re: Greetings from The Netherlands

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:19 pm

Welcome Sonja, hope you have a great time!

There is always useful information on this site, and good advice too from other members.

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Postby Brian Mcculloch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Welcome aboard. Have a great time.
Brian Mcculloch
Hill Bagger

Postby Klaasloopt » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi Sonja,

There's some Dutchmen too on WH.
Feel free to contact me for any tips.
Klaas
Klaasloopt
Hill Bagger

Munros:168   Corbetts:71
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:49
Islands:11

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Greetings from Scotland. I picked up a couple of hitch-hikers from the Nether Regions a couple of years ago, they had been camping near Glen Coe but were caught in a rainstorm and were soaked, frozen and miserable, having decided that Scotland was a terrible place after their unpleasant night being soaked in their tent. I gave them a tour of Glen Coe and Glen Etive, where they saw wild deer and buzzards, waterfalls cascaded down the hillsides and mountains loomed all around. I took them to the old climbers' bar at the Kingshouse Hotel (now bulldozed to oblivion, sadly) and bought them hot chocolate with whisky in it. We also visited the old Drovers' Inn at Inverarnan near Loch Lomond (where they sell T-shirts with the slogan "Pub Of The Year 1705) where they had Scotch Broth and listened to some Scottish folk music. By the time I got them back to Glasgow they had decided Scotland was not so bad after all.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...