walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Munro bagger

Munro bagger

Postby Johnny P » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi my name is John and had a serious mountaineering accident 6 months ago coming down from Llechog, off side of Snowdon aiming for Nant Peris. Was coming down steep slope with brother and nephew having done 1st 3 of 3000rrs in Welsh hills. Slipped and fell 300ft, fractured C6/C7 and C2 was displaced. Great work from Llanberis mountain rescue and Gwynedd Hosp and ambulance service meant that 14 hours later I had an oper at Stoke to fuse together C6/C7. This was successful and 6 months later am back at work and looking forward to doing 3-5 munros in Glen Quoich area at end of March. Have 40 years moun taineering experience but my fall in July was by far the nearest I have had to becoming another fatality in the mountains. Very lucky to be alive and not paralysed. In short a miracle so looking forward to my week long excursion late March but restricted movement in neck could mean a 2nd oper on C2 displaced peg. Best wishes to all on mountain excursions this year. One slip coukd prove fatal ecen after 40 years experience!
Johnny P
Munro compleatist

Re: Munro bagger

Postby Coop » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:16 am

Seriously- well in for your fight and getting back out there.
Glen Quoitch is fantastic. I remember doing Sgurr a' Mhaoraich and seeing the largest herd of deer I've ever seen.
Gairich is on my wee list of ones this year so I'll be back in the area.
Safe walking and climbing John
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:52+16
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:65   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Postby Johnny P » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Thanks. Much appreciated. Will write a report once done.
Johnny P
Munro compleatist

Postby Arthurs Eat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:03 pm

Glad you made it back on your feet John. I suspect many would not after a fall like that! Just goes to show, you never stop learning on the hills. Enjoy Glen Quoitch. I'll be off up that way in March too.
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:14   Donalds:31
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...