walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Greetings from Glasgow - Need help

Greetings from Glasgow - Need help

Postby Ariff Aziz » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi there! My name is Ariff and I've been living in Scotland for the past 5 odd years for my degree. I've walked and climbed several parts here in Scotland and I've completely fell in l've with the sceneries and the stories behind them.

I'm currently planning to go to the Whangie but I have no idea how to get there. It says on the site that there's a bus service from the north of Milngavie. I went to reconfirm with the VisitScotland centre but they were surprised that there was a service to begin with! As far as they are concerned, you can only get there by car.

If anyone knows about the bus service, please let me know! It would help me a lot!

Terima kasih <---(that's "Thank you" in Malay and Indonesian)
Ariff Aziz
Mountaineer

Re: Greetings from Glasgow - Need help

Postby Coop » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:04 am

Try the B10 or B9.
All the best
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Postby malky_c » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 am

Google Maps is great for public transport info. I don't think there is an official bus stop at The Whangie, so nothing comes up. But if you look for buses to Carbeth, you will find the 512 Balfron service goes right past it:
https://goo.gl/maps/bcbaE7KJuCp

You can probably find links from there to the First website, which will have the full timetable.
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Postby Ariff Aziz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:09 pm

Thanks for the replies! I look into it and see if I get somewhere. Will post an update if I've managed to make it work.
Ariff Aziz
Mountaineer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...