walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Halloo from California

Halloo from California

Postby debkakes » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Hello All! I'm Deb and I'll be solo dventuring in the Outer Hebrides for 3.5 weeks in May-early June. Spending a week each on Lewis (Tunga to explore East Coast), Harris (Aird a' Mhulaidh), and the Uists (Daliburgh, so I can easily get to Eriskay, Barra, and Vatersay). I wind up the trip with 3 days in Callanish to explore Great Bernera and the West Coast of Lewis, and a day in Stornoway. I will be renting both a bicycle *and* a car (not up to biking the whole way). I plan to do as many bike rides and walks as physically possible, with still time to stare at the ocean and machair and mountains and sheep. Looking forward to reading about rambles and tramps and scrambles here! (I've been researching since October 2017, so have quite a list already :D .)
debkakes
Rambler

Re: Halloo from California

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:02 pm

Sounds a great plan - I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Re: Halloo from California

Postby willsdad » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:54 am

debkakes wrote:Hello All! I'm Deb and I'll be solo dventuring in the Outer Hebrides for 3.5 weeks in May-early June. Spending a week each on Lewis (Tunga to explore East Coast), Harris (Aird a' Mhulaidh), and the Uists (Daliburgh, so I can easily get to Eriskay, Barra, and Vatersay). I wind up the trip with 3 days in Callanish to explore Great Bernera and the West Coast of Lewis, and a day in Stornoway. I will be renting both a bicycle *and* a car (not up to biking the whole way). I plan to do as many bike rides and walks as physically possible, with still time to stare at the ocean and machair and mountains and sheep. Looking forward to reading about rambles and tramps and scrambles here! (I've been researching since October 2017, so have quite a list already :D .)

Hi Deb

Just wondering, have you been over before? I met a Californian lady on the Cape Wrath Trail a couple of years ago. Like you, she was solo wandering. Lovely lady carrying a pack that was as big as her. She was like a mountain goat though. ....not in looks!
I realise there is a lot of ladies from California, but you don't find many solo wandering through the Highlands.
Enjoy your trip.
willsdad
Backpacker

Munros:13   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:6

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...