walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

greetings!

greetings!

Postby tomsnowball » Wed May 09, 2018 9:23 am

Hello!

I'm Tom and I live in Glasgow. Been lurking/reading/productively procrastinating on WH for a while now! Great site, incredibly useful, and I love everyone's pictures of Scotland.
I'm planning to get a hill in every week or so this summer (to feart to go up in winter- need to sharpen up my skills and invest in the gear) but I've still got plenty of options for new hills within easy reach of Glasgow that i've not been up yet. I'll put together the odd walk report- especially for interesting walks which are accessible from Glasgow by public transport- gotta save the planet!

Walk on,
tomsnowball
tomsnowball
Mountaineer

Munros:12   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:11
Wainwrights:11   

Re: greetings!

Postby Sgurr » Wed May 16, 2018 10:21 am

We have a 1930s (or even 1920s book) by Glasgow Pedestrian that we often used for hills if not for routes. I see it has now been re-printed so you could follow in his (almost certain to be his then) footsteps

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=A+Glasgow+Pedestrian
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...