walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Walking log?

Walking log?

Postby SiHolden » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:25 am

Hi, is it possible to have an activity log of my walks?
I log all my Wainwrights, quite soon after completing them, and it would be interesting to have a log of the dates I ticked which ones.

Thanks
Si
SiHolden
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   
Hewitts:118
Wainwrights:214   

Re: Walking log?

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:20 am

A walking log? You mean like an Ent out of Lord of the Rings? I'm pretty sure they're just made up. But you never know, what with all these dragons starting moor fires.

Ents.jpeg.jpg
Ent ~ a walking log
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby rockhopper » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:43 pm

SiHolden wrote:Hi, is it possible to have an activity log of my walks?
I log all my Wainwrights, quite soon after completing them, and it would be interesting to have a log of the dates I ticked which ones.
Thanks
Si

If it's only for you, you could just do a walk report for each trip, tag the relevant hills, note some brief details/photos/etc if you wish but tick the box to say it's only for your purposes and it'll then appear in your walks blog by year - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby SiHolden » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Brilliant!

I'm close to finishing the Wainwrights so I was thinking retrospectively looking back at the dates I ticked the summits on this page. The info must be there, I'm just wondering if its available to users?
SiHolden
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   
Hewitts:118
Wainwrights:214   

Postby rockhopper » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:29 pm

SiHolden wrote:Brilliant!
I'm close to finishing the Wainwrights so I was thinking retrospectively looking back at the dates I ticked the summits on this page. The info must be there, I'm just wondering if its available to users?

Looks like you've ticked them off on the hill logger page. However, if you want to keep a note of date, you'd need to do a walk report for each trip, tick the box saying it's for your own walks diary only and select the relevant hill or hills for that day then save.

For info, I've pasted links below to some of my blog only entries. Some have more detail than others.

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7473

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7469

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7963
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...