walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Relatively newly local to the Arrochar Alps

Relatively newly local to the Arrochar Alps

Postby hjbworton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Hi All,

I've been a member on here for a while but until now had just been using the site for it's superb walk reports and guides. My wife and I moved to Portincaple, a wee hamlet just north of Garelochhead on Loch Long from down south around a year back. We love it here so much and feel extremely fortunate to live in such a stunning landscape. The mountains are my passion and have been since a kid, and I've indulged that through cycling and skiing over the years. Now we're here I'm gaining a bit of confidence walking - and running - in the hills around us and a bit further afield. Would be good to find someone to show me the ropes a bit - I love walking alone but it occurs to me sometimes that it is sometimes better with a buddy...

Anyway, cheers to you all and keep safe out on those hills.

Best Regards

Howard
hjbworton
Scrambler

Munros:17   Corbetts:15
Fionas:6   
Sub 2000:5   

Re: Relatively newly local to the Arrochar Alps

Postby hjbworton » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 pm

A year later and I’m still walking the hills of Scotland alone - when I’m lucky enough to have the time and lucky enough to find a hill not covered with folk. No replies to the message after a year means I'll continue to walk alone. Keep safe everyone
hjbworton
Scrambler

Munros:17   Corbetts:15
Fionas:6   
Sub 2000:5   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...