walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Bit out of shape with a dream says hello...

Bit out of shape with a dream says hello...

Postby Kekebash » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi Everyone

I used to walk a lot, but never really got into the whole munro bagging thing, although I have done a couple. Been lucky enough to walk in the Andes in Peru and the Great Wall of China (although both seem like a distant memory of a far fitter person). Currently a bit out of shape and have a dream of being up in the hills again with my dog, Alfie.

Looking for inspiration, knowledge from folk who know a hell of a lot more than me, and to get the push to just go and do it.

Have a great day!

Suzanna
Kekebash
Hill Bagger

Re: Bit out of shape with a dream says hello...

Postby SuperMillie » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi Suzanna,

If your in need of some inspration, then maybe you should consider putting your name down for the WH Summer meet, which I belive is on 13th\14th July (Check out the "Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs" section for details).

You'll find loads of friendly and inspirational people with plenty of experience and experiences to share. It might just give you the 'push' you need :D

supermillie
SuperMillie
Munro compleatist

Munros:108   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:9   
Islands:12

Re: Bit out of shape with a dream says hello...

Postby Broon2365 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 pm

I started a year ago. Done 23 Munros and love all the different sights smells and memorable moments.
Get out there and enjoy it.
Broon2365
Mountain Walker

Munros:196   Corbetts:15
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:8

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...