walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hiya!

Hiya!

Postby matambrito75 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi to all,
I am new to post anything here, although I have been using the site since I started to walk around Scotland.
It is being ALWAYS a great source of useful information where to go, how, details, maps, reports from other hikers experiences with photos, tips...
Until now I keep record of my experiences in my facebook, but perhaps someday I may post a report here if I am brave enough lol
Thanks to all the users for posting reports, thanks to all the people that collaborate or are responsible to keep the website updated!!

Having said that, well, I normally hike alone, 1 day or 2/3 doing wild camping... lately enjoying hikes that have the scrambling challenge ...Got the feeling sometimes that I should not go alone for safety reasons and that also would be enjoyable to share it time to time with other people with similar interests. Recently looking forward to gather more knowledge and be more confident in winter grade I, using crampons and an ice axe. However, I may post something in the meeting section to see if there is people available time to time to organize some adventures. :D
Best to all of you in the outdoors!
matambrito75
Mountain Walker

Munros:40   

Re: Hiya!

Postby Pastychomper » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:18 am

Welcome! A lone walker who likes short wild camps and scrambling... clearly an individual of quality! :lol:

I often walk alone, sometimes with others - both have their perks, I'm just a bit more cautious when alone in the winter. Happy hiking!
Pastychomper
Mountain Walker

Munros:4   Corbetts:1
Grahams:2   
Sub 2000:6   

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...