walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Walking Scotland

Walking Scotland

Postby Nobody » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi.. My name is Gordon and I walked the west highland way for the Sick Childrens Hospital just over a week ago.I have a plan to walk a lot more in aid of the Charity and I am here in the hope that I can get some support from members by way of info and or places I can stay for a day for free when I go on my travels.My fundraising events will take place throughout the summer and I am 60 and cannot afford b and b and the west highland way taught me that living in a tent is not conducive to good health for me personally. I would really appreciate it if anyone could offer me just one night throughout the summer . I know its a lot to ask but I really want to do this and dont think I will manage camping.My facebook campaign raised near on 200 pounds between two of us on the west highland walk and is still going up.I can up that target and get into the thousands if I can get the help from the walking community. I will post my walk plans in the near future and can plan my walks around the offers of help if I can get a positive response to this plea. Many thanks for reading this
Kindest regards
Gordon
Nobody
Mountaineer

Re: Walking Scotland

Postby Pastychomper » Thu May 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Welcome, Nobody! :)

I'm not in a position to put you up at the moment but hope your ventures go well.
Pastychomper
Wanderer

Munros:5   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:8   
Islands:5

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu May 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Try planning your walks to include bothies or hostels which are usually less than £20 per night. Good luck.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby rohan » Fri May 31, 2019 1:58 pm

Words of caution, a lot of the long distance routes are in areas of low population with businesses dependent to some extent on people walking the routes. The WHW is a typical example of this as once you are out of Milgngavie just look at the accommodations/facilities along the route; they have sprung up around a day's typical walking distance. If anyone offered accomodation for free they would be inundated even if they restricted it to people raising money for charity.
I live on the ultimate long distance route (round Britain) and will occasionally accommodate or offer accommodation to circumnavigators but usually through a personal contact/recommendation.
That said, good luck and enjoy your walking
rohan

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...