walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello to all!

Hello to all!

Postby Behold Scotland » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi there,

I wanted to just say a wee hello and tell a bit about myself.
I have returned to hillwalking after returning home from fifteen years Army service. I always loved 'the hills' but was never in Scotland long enough to commit to it.
Fast forward four years and packing on weight (because if you're not being made to run then why would you?) I needed something fun to get me back out and doing something, something with a goal.
My goal now is to complete all the Munros and have a little fun along the way by vlogging my exploits on YouTube. I'm still learning the ropes with that but again, it's something to master.
At the time of writing this I have five Munros in the bag so there's plenty of climbing chatter and lessons to be learned which I welcome from you all.
Thank you for your time if you have read this far and if you would like to watch some very amateur vlogs then have a browse on YouTube for Behold Scotland.

Take care and I'll see you on the beach... hills! I mean hills!
Behold Scotland
Hill Bagger

Munros:5   Corbetts:1
Donalds:1

Re: Hello to all!

Postby Coop » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Good on you.
It's a lot more fun, enjoyable and better scenery than -
Putting a bergan on your back and doing an 8m tab in 2 hours carrying 36lb. :wink:
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:57+18
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Postby Behold Scotland » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:51 pm

Coop wrote:Good on you.
It's a lot more fun, enjoyable and better scenery than -
Putting a bergan on your back and doing an 8m tab in 2 hours carrying 36lb. :wink:

You're not wrong Coop :D Tabbing was a strong point for me which is probably why I enjoy hillwalking so much, mile and a half... not really my jam :lol:

Happy climbing!
Behold Scotland
Hill Bagger

Postby Sgurr » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:38 pm

Day before yesterday I came back from the strangest social event of my life. My hairdresser opened her new salon....so all we (70 of us) had in common was, well, hair. But in the kitchen, washing up I found a guy with a Lands End to John o'Groats Tee shirt. We compared routes and motivations, (did it in the far off past) and it turned out that he has lost 8 stone. So you CAN do it with exercise, tho I am not advocating Lejog in 9 days. A few Munros should start you off.

Welcome.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby Behold Scotland » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:52 pm

What a coincidence. I actually thought you were going to say he knew me or something :lol:
I cycled the John O'Groats to Land's End in 2010 and it was a superb experience!

Thank's for the welcome Sgurr! :thumbup:
Behold Scotland
Hill Bagger

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...