walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from Switzerland

Hello from Switzerland

Postby Doro_Nico » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:15 am

Hello to everyone !
I'm a freshly new member from Switzerland !
I'm not the most assiduous hiker or walker, but I do like a good walking ! And in Switzerland we are surely spoil with mountains and walking area.
I'm a rather new visitor of Scotland, but I'm so in love with this country ! In fact, all of Great Britain is my country of heart !
So, I'm definitely looking forward to my next holidays on September in Scotland where I hope to do a lot a walking in the marvelous landscape !!!
An immense thumb up :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to this site which provides so many walking idea !!! I'll surely use it during my trip in Scotland !!!

Thank you all !

Doro
P.S. Sorry for my English... It's not my first language ! :wink:
Doro_Nico
Wanderer

Re: Hello from Switzerland

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:20 am

Welcome!

It is quite a compliment for someone from Switzerland to be keen on the Scottish hills!

The site is really useful and if you have any questions then post them in General Discussion, someone is usually able to offer advice

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:95   Corbetts:10
Grahams:2   Donalds:1
Hewitts:148
Wainwrights:103   

Postby mynthdd2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:29 pm

welcome too - I have asked a lot of mainland European hillwalkers why here and not the Alps etc etc - some interesting replies too including the 'colours' of our landscape....
mynthdd2
Mountain Walker

Islands:27

Postby Doro_Nico » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome !
Even if we have fabulous places in Switzerland, Scotland has something special in its colors and landscapes !
And somehow, there is a part of mystery and wilderness in Scotland that doesn't seem to be present in Switzerland.
And thank you for the advice !
Doro
Doro_Nico
Wanderer

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...