walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from the Hairy Hiker

Hello from the Hairy Hiker

Postby Hairyhiker » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:24 pm

I would just like to say 'Hello' to the group. I've lived in Scotland for 31 years and seen a lot from my motorbike plus two trips up Ben Nevis. I live just outside Aberdeen in Peterculter and love Scotland. The people, the land, food, drink, culture, castles, treks, lochs, distilleries, coastline and of course mountains. I'm a keen environmentalist and budding conservationist, and I like to talk to a good conversationalist too :o) As well as walking and motorbiking I'm learning to kayak. So I've decided to increase my fitness and get out into the hills. I started with Mount Keen on Sunday (25th Aug 2019) and I have to say my heart rate got up to 180 bpm. It was a combination of a warm day, the climb and lack of fitness. I also tested out my new Salamon Quest 4d 3 Gtx walking boots with Pedi insoles which I'm impressed with (from Craigdon mountain sports). Perhaps a pair of walking poles next. I'm hoping to see a lot more of Scotland and a lot more walkers during my adventures. Above all we need to keep safe, keep fit (mind and body) and enjoy the great outdoors. Take care, Jonathan
Attachments
Hairyhiker.jpg
The Hairy Hiker
Hairyhiker
Mountain Walker

Munros:139   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...