walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from South West Scotland

Hello from South West Scotland

Postby Manwaeadug » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Hello.
Recent convert to rediscovering that the outdoors is more enjoyable than the telly!

I'm in the process of putting together some (hopefully) half decent kit so I can take myself and my dog into the hills for long walks and a few overnight camps. So forgive me if my contributions are more of the 'can anyone tell me...' as opposed to the 'what i would advise is...' variety to begin with.

I'll probably be asking the same questions you have all heard before regarding kit etc as I try to get myself sorted out, so apologies for that but hopefully one or two of you can give me some decent advice all the same. :) I've already got my tent, waterproofs and a medium sized rucksack so I can at least spare you all the pain of going over those again! :lol:
Manwaeadug
Walker

Munros:1   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:4   
Walk wish-list

Re: Hello from South West Scotland

Postby Arthurs Eat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Ask away!
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:17   Donalds:38
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Postby Caberfeidh » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:09 am

Socks! Most important - big thick knee-length socks with padded heels, soles and toes. Available from huntin', shootin', fishin' tackle shops.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby Manwaeadug » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Thanks. Sports socks.......three pairs for a pound, isn't the way to go then? :wink:
Manwaeadug
Walker

Munros:1   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:4   
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...