walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Just a wee Hello!!

Just a wee Hello!!

Postby sc00ba87 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:30 pm

Good afternoon all, just a message to say a wee hello and let you know a little about myself.

A couple friends and I have decided that with such a world renowned beautiful country at our feet, we haven’t really seen much of it. So into the wilderness we went.

We have walked Ben Lomond 4, maybe 5, times all up the “tourist route”, but returned on one occasion down the Ptarmigan Ridge. We have a climb up the Ptarmigan Ridge planned for a fortnights time and further climbs from Inversnaid & Loch Dhu early next year to cover the beautiful mound of mud and rock from all angles.

We also walked the “tourist route” up Ben Nevis a couple weeks later and are now planning on climbing the Cobbler tomorrow.

Hopefully in time, I will be looking to join a mountaineering/climbing club with the aim of scaling the Inn Pinn on the Cullen Ridge, is there a place or likeminded persons on here that would be able to point me in the right direction for such a thing?

Also, If there is any interest I would be happy to post when my small band of brothers are climbing in advance for anyone looking to go off on a wander into the hills but maybe don’t have a regular to go with, if there is such a facility also? Occasionally we will have a seat/s available from Glasgow to wherever we may be climbing on that occasion.

Looking forward to chatting and hopefully see you on the hills sometime soon!!

Regards,
Scooba Steve
sc00ba87
Hill Bagger

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:6   
Walk wish-list

Re: Just a wee Hello!!

Postby jmarkb » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:02 pm

Welcome to WH!

As I indicated in my reply to your other post, the hills are currently in full winter condition, so I would be cautious about what you attempt at this time of year if you don't have the appropriate skills and equipment.

sc00ba87 wrote:Hopefully in time, I will be looking to join a mountaineering/climbing club with the aim of scaling the Inn Pinn on the Cullen Ridge, is there a place or likeminded persons on here that would be able to point me in the right direction for such a thing?

There is a list of walking and climbing clubs here: https://www.mountaineering.scot/clubs and links to local meetup groups here: https://www.meetup.com/topics/hiking/gb/v2/glasgow/

sc00ba87 wrote: Also, If there is any interest I would be happy to post when my small band of brothers are climbing in advance for anyone looking to go off on a wander into the hills but maybe don’t have a regular to go with, if there is such a facility also? Occasionally we will have a seat/s available from Glasgow to wherever we may be climbing on that occasion.

You are very welcome to post on this forum: https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewforum.php?f=17 but you will probably get more responses from a meetup group.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Re: Just a wee Hello!!

Postby sc00ba87 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:56 pm

Hey jmarkb, thanks a lot for the information on both posts, it’s greatly appreciated. Great care will be taken whilst out over the winter months as I have two beautiful kids that need me home.

I will most certainly be looking into joining a climbing club next summer once I have gotten some winter walking experience. I’m hoping to cover all the Munros to train to eventually do a climb of Mt Kilimanjaro for my 35th birthday so I feel I should climb in all weathers so as to prepare for the worst up there.

Again, thanks ever so much for the information. It’s certainly of great help and will be put to good use.
sc00ba87
Hill Bagger

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:6   
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...