walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello! Newbie after a little advice...

Hello! Newbie after a little advice...

Postby Amygeorgina89 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi all! I’ve often stalked this site reading other people’s walk reports, and I’ve done the WHW a couple times but still feel very much a newb when it comes to walking in the highlands! I’m planning on another, possibly solo, trip this year as I would like to do the south Loch Ness trail. I wondered if the weather in March would be ok for this...? I did the WHW in March a few years ago and had perfect weather, but I’m not sure if I just got lucky...? Anyway, any help or advice would be much appreciated! Thank you :D
Amygeorgina89
Hill Bagger

Re: Hello! Newbie after a little advice...

Postby Arthurs Eat » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:40 am

I personally would not count on good weather. If you get it, bonus, but be aware it can be also be pretty awful. If you are walking at a lower level than that may work in your favour. Again, personally I would build a fair bit of flexibility into your plans. Just in case :wink:
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:14   Donalds:31
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...