walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

A belated hello from Scotland's South

A belated hello from Scotland's South

Postby JohnSound » Fri May 22, 2020 10:53 pm

Hi everyone, it's about time I said that!

I'm John, and I work in music, hence the username. I'm a long term lover of wandering around in the wilderness and signed up to this site 4 years ago to start logging my adventures and take advantage of some of the walk reports and route maps.

Unfortunately my appetite for height was cut short when my hiking companion (pictured below on one of our adventures) was diagnosed with a hip injury and the vet said I was to stop taking him on climbs and descents.

Companion.jpg

I've spent many a car journey in the last few years looking longingly at various summits, wondering when I'd be setting out to scale them. Well, this lockdown has had it's benefits. I'm one of the lucky ones, I live at the foot of Criffel and have able to get out and up often. I'll very shortly be sharing a walk report of a much less well trodden path up my popular Southern neighbour. It's reinvigorated me and I've been drawn back to this site to make plans for elsewhere when restrictions are lifted.

As for the four legged fella, he's still with us, still as energetic as ever on the flats, but quite happy to sit back and have a snooze whilst I get up the slopes.
JohnSound
Wanderer

Munros:3   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:18+6
Sub 2000:28   Hewitts:3
Islands:4

Re: A belated hello from Scotland's South

Postby onsen » Sun May 24, 2020 9:54 am

A lockdown positive :thumbup: ...welcome back to the forum, JohnSound.
onsen
Munro compleatist

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...