RK_gpx _2021-11-21_0857.gpx Open full screen NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts
The Movie - incl. all the hike,
route coverage and views:
The Weather Forecast for GREAT GABLE:
- The Forecast looked great to get some clear views, but the temperature and wind denoted more than just fresh air !
The Hike in Pictures:
- Arriving in the Morning with a promising view. Great Gable in the centre.
- Morning's colours over Lingmell, Scafell Pike and Scafell.
- Wasdale Head Car Park. The cold temperature, cold air and strong wind forced everyone to use the jacket at the bottom already...
- The nice Duo - my target for that day.
- Entry to the Hills...
- Ascending...Kirk Fell
- Looking back from the Horizon
- Pillar, Scoat Fell, Red Pike and Yewbarrow...( right to left )
- Great Gable looks different from this angle ( the top of Kirk Fell ) than the shape from the car park view.
- Kirk Fell summit
- Wast Water, Scafell, Scafell Pike and Lingmell...
- The neighbours again...
- Great Gable - next target !
- Great Gable looking really GREAT !!!
- Getting closer...
- ...and closer
- Descended Kirk Fell
- Further view back towards Kirk Fell and the descend route
- Ascending Great Gable
- Looking back to Kirk Fell
- Enjoying the views...
- ...and more views
- Higher Up
- Happy Chap !
- Nearly Summit !
- The Summit of Great Gable with Memorial
- Towards Scafell Pike
- Towards Kirk Fell and behind
- Towards East
- Towards Wast Water, Kirk Fell...and more
- Time to descend...
- View from the Path towards car park
- Lunch with a view on the lower level ( less Wind ).
- Looking back to Great Gable
- Nearly bottom...
- Nice Footbridge
- Despite the cold I really enjoyed the beautiful day.......See you next time !