walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Gorgeous morning on Ingy and Simon

Gorgeous morning on Ingy and Simon

Postby Broggy1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Ingleborough, Simon Fell

Date walked: 19/11/2020

Time taken: 3

Distance: 16.8 km

Ascent: 869m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Too good of a day to let go to waste so started out early for Ingleton and Ingleborough and then added a few extensions before getting back to work!

Beautiful, crisp morning.

1 Fell Lane.JPG
Fell Lane from Ingleton - I'd thought about the Clapham route but ended up going for the Ingleton route. They are both good and I do them both plenty as it's my local Mountain (Hewitt).

2 Ingy ahead.JPG
Ingleborough towers ahead on this route. I'd say the Clapham route is a better all round route but the outline of the mountain is better from this side.

3 towards lakes from summit.JPG
Towards Lakeland from the summit

4 Summit area.JPG
Summit area - cold up here but almost a welcome cold after the storms and floods

5 W from Simon.JPG
Whernside from Simon Fell

6 Ingy from Simon.JPG
Ingleborough from Simon Fell - I have to more or less get back there to join the Clapham route (briefly)

7 Headinf for LI.JPG
Heading for Little Ingleborough

8 LI back to Ingy.JPG
Ingleborough from Little Ingleborough

9 descent.JPG
I opted for the route down from Little Ingleborough which I only have ever used once before on a wet and misty day. It's a bit wet underfoot but nothing disastrous and at a really nice gradient for descending. I enjoyed it.

10 Back to LI.JPG
Back to Little Ingleborough

11 PYG.JPG
Pen-y-ghent in the distance

12 Lakes ahead.JPG
The only downside of the route down is it brings you out on a road 3 miles out of Ingleton...but it's one of them lovely dales minor roads with no traffic and in the surroundings it's hardly a hardship. You also have the Lakeland skyline infront of you throughout.
Broggy1
Mountain Walker

Munros:111   Corbetts:19
Fionas:5   Donalds:20+7
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:274
Wainwrights:214   Islands:1

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland