walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Devil's Garden - Arches National Park (Video walk report)

Devil's Garden - Arches National Park (Video walk report)

Postby When Adventure Knox » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:40 am

Date walked: 10/08/2019

Time taken: 4

Distance: 9.5 km

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I've completed this hike twice, once in 2010 and loved it so much that when I returned to the area in 2019, I hiked it again.

It's a wonderful trail with so many unique attractions along the way including, Landscape Arch, Double O Arch, Private Arch, Navajo Arch and Pinetree Arch. The video also has a little walk out to Mill Creek which is on the edge of Moab and a sunset at the Sand Flats Recreation Area,

I hope you enjoy the video walk report.
When Adventure Knox
Walker

Re: Devil's Garden - Arches National Park (Video walk report

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:45 pm

What a stunning video!

It brings back so many memories for me. This walk was probably our top highlight of our USA trip that was packed with highlights....

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Postby RobW » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:55 pm

Amazing landscape! Thanks for the tour. I've bagged a few UT peaks but no arches, have clearly missed out. Good to see you didn't lose any limbs among the boulders :)
RobW
Hill Bagger

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:575   Hewitts:315
Wainwrights:214   Islands:151

Postby When Adventure Knox » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:33 pm

Tim, thank you for your kind words about the video. Pleased to know I'm not the only one who appreciates all of its 'things to see' along the trail.

Rob, I immediately think of the National Parks when I think of Utah and forget about the peaks that it offers. Was it the La Sal mountains you walked in? They seemed to loom on the horizon anywhere we went in Arches and Canyonlands. We just didn't have the time to explore them as well!
When Adventure Knox
Walker

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland