walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Skiddaw circular from the South

Skiddaw circular from the South

Postby lawrencestannard » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:32 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Bakestall, Lonscale Fell, Skiddaw, Skiddaw Little Man

Hewitts included on this walk: Lonscale Fell, Skiddaw, Skiddaw Little Man

Date walked: 06/02/2020

Time taken: 5

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 988m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This is my favourite route up Skiddaw because it encompasses the valley walk to the east of Lonscale Fell which is seldom busy. I would recommend for this reason you do it anticlockwise

Park at Underskiddaw car park NY281254 near Underscar hotel

2.JPG
The walk up the valley to Skiddaw House is a joy

2a.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg
The path continues NW ish until you turn left (SW) up Birketts Edge to Bakestall

4.JPG
And on towards Skiddaw

5.jpg
Me at the Trig point on Summit

6.jpg
Views

7.jpg

Contiinue south on defined path to Little Man and on back to car park. (this part will be busy)

Skiddaw s.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

lawrencestannard
Mountain Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland