walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tropical Paradise along Cornwall's SW Coast Path

Tropical Paradise along Cornwall's SW Coast Path

Postby When Adventure Knox » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:12 am

Date walked: 05/12/2021

Time taken: 5

Distance: 8 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Prior to this year, I’d never been to Cornwall. I grew up at the opposite end of the country, and my parents always said ‘it’s quicker to fly to somewhere like Spain than drive all that way’. But this year, I visited the county for the first time. I’d heard it could support tropical plants thanks to the warm gulf stream, but I don’t think anything could have prepared me for the hike along the South West Coast Path from Lands End to Porthcurno Beach. It was like hiking in a tropical paradise! This day was my favourite from a 2 week trip and I’ve put together a video of it. If you choose to watch it, I hope you enjoy it.

When Adventure Knox
Walker

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland