walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walla Crag with a Slow Worm and Birds of Prey

Walla Crag with a Slow Worm and Birds of Prey

Postby When Adventure Knox » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:22 pm

Date walked: 01/09/2021

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

My hike up Walla Crag last summer was amazing as we came across a couple of birds of prey, and on the descent, came across a slow worm and caught some pretty cool footage of it before it slowly slithered away into the undergrowth. We did a bit of blackberry picking as there were SO many along the trails and feeling pumped, we wandered along to Friars Crag at golden hour. I fell in love with Borrowdale valley on this trip and I think this day hiking Walla Crag cemented it. If you have any tips of walks where I'm likely to find more wildlife in the Lake District, I'm all ears. I've edited a video of my day out - I hope you enjoy it if you choose to watch it.

When Adventure Knox
Walker

Re: Walla Crag with a Slow Worm and Birds of Prey

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:04 am

Great video - loved seeing the Slow Worm!

tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Re: Walla Crag with a Slow Worm and Birds of Prey

Postby When Adventure Knox » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:05 pm

Thanks Tim.

I loved this hike and day out in general, but agree that the slow worm was the highlight for me!
When Adventure Knox
Walker

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland