walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Three hewitts one walk

Three hewitts one walk

Postby willywalker247 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Hewitts included on this walk: Craig Cerrig-gleisiad, Fan Fawr, Fan Frynych

Date walked: 30/07/2011

Time taken: 3.55

Distance: 11 km

Ascent: 612m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

As i drove up A470 to the Storey arms (which was my start point) Corn ddu Pen y fan and Cribbin were covered in fog, not looking good. looked up to Fan fawr that was the same. Parked the car decided to take the more direct route up to Fan fawr. This is not to difficult, just one steep bit. Got to the summit ( small cairn) looked for trig point to much fog. Now it was time to back track and pick up the Beacon way to Graig cerrig gliesiad.The path in between was a bit faint in places but once i picked up the Beacons way path it was easy to follow to Graig cerrig gleisiad and up to Fan Frynych. As the morning moved into early afternoon the weather started to clear the sun almost came out Time to back track again back to my car and home.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Three hewitts one walk 003.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 004.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 005.JPG
Cairn at Craig cerrig gleisiad
Three hewitts one walk 006.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 007.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 008.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 010.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 010.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 011.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 012.JPG
Trig point Fan frynych
Three hewitts one walk 014.JPG
Looking south to Graig Cerrig gleisiad
Three hewitts one walk 013.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 015.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 016.JPG
Three hewitts one walk 002.JPG
Cairn on Fan Fawr
Three hewitts one walk 001.JPG
The steep bit up to Fan Fawr
willywalker247
Mountaineer

Munros:1   
Hewitts:26
Wainwrights:9   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland